A Rising or Setting Sun?
This marks the tenth consecutive year for CMF publishing our annual predictions on the economy, socio-political issues, and industry trends. See how the actuals compared with the 2016 predictions (made in November 2015) and the past predictions from 2008-2016, which you can find here.
Highlights from last year’s November 2015 predictions that we accurately forecasted include:
- U.S. unemployment rate down to 4.9% from 5.4% last year
- Auto sales declining
- Hillary not being elected President
Our 2017 predictions include higher oil prices and interest rates, a decrease in the U.S. budget deficit (driven by higher tax receipts), and an increase in “cordcutting” by households from their cable providers.
Other key predictions include:
- GDP growing to 3.1%
- USD/CNY Exchange Rate breaks ¥7.00 to $1.00
- Middle Market PE M&A deal volume increase
- Average multiple on healthcare businesses declines
See the complete list of 2017 predictions here.